Feb. 26, 2022
2022 Season Notes:
Health & Safety
Anyone wishing to participate in the Comox Valley Weekly Ride Program is advised to read and be familiar with the CCCTS COVID-19 National Safety Plan prior to attending any rides.
The latest Order of the Provincial Health Officer (Gatherings and Events) for the province of British Columbia, was issued February 16, 2022. It does not place any restrictions on the number of participants in outdoor gatherings like our weekly rides.
Weekly Ride Program
The 2022 Weekly Ride program is scheduled to begin with the first Open Ride of the season on Friday, March 11. The ride will leave from the Filberg Centre in downtown Courtenay at 1:00 PM.
New For 2022
The Comox Valley Chapter is excited to announce a website dedicated to the interests of the Comox Valley Chapter is now live. It is open to all current members of CCCTS in the Comox Valley Chapter.
The site has all the information needed to participate in the Weekly Ride Program. There are full descriptions of Open Rides and Limited Capacity Rides. There is easy access to the sign-up sheet for Limited Capacity Rides.
Another page on the site provides direct access to the Comox Valley Route Catalogue – a document that summarizes dozens of routes in and around the Comox Valley for road, gravel and mixed surfaces. As well as providing summary statistics on each route, there are also links to Ride With GPS for even more detail. This is an invaluable resource for organizers of rides to select a route or for individuals to source a route for personal riding.
There are also pages with preliminary information on the upcoming Hub & Spoke in June 2022. Site access will be granted to the H&S registrants when details are closer to being finalized.
Here is a link to the site: Comox Valley Chapter Website
If you are a Comox Valley Chapter member and cannot access the site, send an email to the Comox Valley Ride Coordinator describing your issue.
- CCCTS 2022 Signup Sheet This is a Google Sheet for riders to sign up for Limited Capacity Rides. It can also be accessed via the website mentioned above.
- Comox Valley Route Catalogue This is a summary of routes to assist in choosing a route to ride. It can also be accessed via the website mentioned above.
- How to set up notifications in Google Sheets (instructions on how to be notified when a new ride is posted for example)
- How to create a free Google account A Google account is needed by Comox Valley Members to access the website mentioned above as well as to edit the signup form.
- Getting to Google Sheets on your PC (one of many ways to go to Google Sheets on a PC. On a mobile device simply download the Google Sheets app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store)
- Order of the Provincial Health Officer (Gatherings and Events) (the latest PHO)
- CCCTS COVID-19 National Safety Plan
March 6, 2022
The Chapter encourages all its members to share their cycling experiences through photos. There are 4 Google Photos Albums available for viewing and commenting.
The Comox Valley Chapter – 2022 Ride Season album is brand new and is open for members to upload 2022 photos. This album is like a diary and regular commentary will be added by the Ride Coordinator. The photos are in chronological order. Follow the link, then “Join” and upload or transfer your photos.
Similar “diary style” albums exist for the 2021 and 2020 ride seasons. These albums are now closed for uploads but users can still comment on photos.
The final album is comprised of all photos from both the 2020 and 2021 season and is in a “latest photos first” format. There is no diary commentary and photos cannot be uploaded to this album.