You need to login in order to sign up for this ride. ‐‐ Ride is full, wait list only.
- Leader: Elaine Carpenter 206-310-3061
- Co-leader: Dick Carpenter 206-304-9689
- Trip Dates: Sun, 19 May 2024 -- Thu, 23 May 2024
- Trip Classification: Intermediate
- Trip Fee: $100 USD Note that the fee for this trip is NOT in Canadian Dollars.
- Trip Numbers: minimum 10 , maximum 25
- Trip Registration Opens: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 5:00 PM (pacific time)
- Registration Lottery Ends: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 5:00 PM (pacific time)
- Trip Registration Closes: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 5:00 PM (pacific time)
Accommodation Reservations: Each participant is responsible for making his or her own hotel reservations. We will be staying at the Hampton Inn, 2931 W Marine View Dr, Everett. There will be a block of rooms reserved at a price of $131 USD plus taxes. Parking on-site, Wifi, and breakfast are included in room rate. You will need to make your reservations before March 15. A block of rooms is being held for us. Cancellations are possible up to 48 hours before check in. The leaders will assume that Singles would like a roommate of the same gender and will try to help with finding a roommate match if you don’t have one in mind. Please let the ride leader know when you register if you want your own room. Riding Conditions: The daily rides will range from 50 km to 90 km with times to stop for coffee, lunch. All rides will be on paved roads. Most of the cycling will be on rural roads but some will be in town and there will be a short stretch along a highway with a shoulder. Two rides will leave from the hotel and for two other rides we will drive our vehicles to the start of the rides. You will have the option of riding with a group or riding at your own speed. Maps will be posted and found in Ride with GPS. We will hope for sunny pleasant weather but be prepared for rain, hence rain jackets, etc. Fee Includes:
- One meet and greet dinner
- Final pizza dinner at a local brew pub
- RWGPS routes
- Hotel rooms;
- Meals (besides the two group dinners and hotel breakfasts);
- Ferry fare to Whidbey Island (approximately $7.00 USD RT);
- Personal expenses;
- Hub and Spoke Coordinators Fees (waived).
Sunday May 19, 2024 OR Thursday May 23, 2024 26 miles/42 km Elevation: 750 feet/228 m Round trip to the town of Snohomish. For those arriving early on Sunday we will lead a ride at 1:00 to the quaint town of Snohomish by circling around the northern part of Everett mostly on a bike trail, traveling through rural farmland and then into the town. We’ll come back along the Snohomish River to Everett. This ride will also be offered on Thursday after morning check out for those who did not do the ride on Sunday.Monday, May 20, 2024 60 Miles/96 km 1280’/390 m to Trail end and Nakashima Barn Centennial Trail Snohomish to Arlington We will drive 9 miles/14 km from the hotel to the Centennial trail and park on Maple Ave near Pine Ave. Then we begin our ride along the Centennial Trail (rails to trails) to the town of Arlington. Lunch is available at several spots in Arlington. You will be able to ride further north on the trail to the trail end at the Nakashima heritage barn. We then return by same route. Almost all trail riding except in the town of Arlington (low traffic). Tuesday, May 21, 2024 40 Miles/64 km 2857 feet/870 m To Mukilteo ferry and Whidbey Island ride We will ride our bikes from our hotel to the Mukilteo ferry (6 miles/9.5 km) and take the ferry to Clinton, Whidbey Island. We will be doing some great island cycling with little traffic. Our route will take us north to Langley where there are several restaurants, then continue to the community of Freeland (and possibly coffee at the Crabby coffee). We will return to the ferry at Clinton by a different route. Wednesday, May 22, 2024 52 miles/83 km 2460 feet/749 meters Monroe to the town of Index and back We will drive 17 miles/27 km on Highway 2 to the town of Monroe, park our cars at Lewis Street Park and begin our travel to the small community of Index, nestled at the base of the Cascade Mountains. There will be opportunities for food—grocery store and possibly a restaurant in Index. This is a loop ride with a partially different route back to Monroe. Thursday, May 23, 2024 To Snohomish and back Check-out day and possibility for same ride listed for Sunday, May 19. We can stop at the well-known Snohomish bakery before returning to Everett. Registration and Participant Selection: Registration will be on the CCCTS website on the date shown. A computerized lottery system and waitlist will be utilized in the event that the ride is over-subscribed. A $100 USD payment is required at the time of registration. This includes the $50 non-refundable registration fee and two group dinners. The lottery signup will run for a week, after which time the leaders will review the results. The selection process will consider the following criteria in evaluating candidates:
- fitness and riding ability and experience required for the tour,
- a history of demonstrating safe riding practices,
- acceptable social behavior.
- The CCCTS Communicable Illnesses Policy and Procedures takes into consideration regulations and recommendations from Public Health Authority of Canada, BC Centre of Disease Control, and Public Health Ontario. In the case of illness while on tour, it is expected that all participants will follow the procedures outlined in this policy. Please refer toThe https://cccts.org/club-document/staying-safe-guidelines-2022-oct-15th-2022-update/ for details on the club’s Communicable Illness Policy.
- CCCTS strongly encourages all participants to be up-to-date on their vaccinations for COVID and all other communicable diseases.
- Everyone should bring 3 COVID test kits with them on the tour and take responsibility for self-testing if they feel ill.
Sonya Bardati, Elisabeth Buxbaum, Elaine Carpenter, Richard Carpenter, Jim Cilek, Andrew Clarke, Edward Dillon, Charlene Dorward, June Gallagher, Denise Howes, Susan Johnson, Thom Harvey Kline, Swee Lee, Mardi Leslie, Bob Louie, Brenda Louie, Lynn Merlino, Bob Myrick, Cathy Price, Annemieke Quinn, Ken Reid, Mark Roznicki, Allan Smyth, Leith Smyth, Jacob Van Der Heide, CAROLINE VAN UNEN, colleen vanderheideWait List (in priority order):
Gail Ross, Maureen Weston, Gino Salamatian, Bonita Douglas, Stuart Reynolds, Ed Weymouth, Holly Evans, Karen Peters, Barbara Hall, Ken Levine